AMD x2 4800 temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeyes89

Daemon Poster
Hi guys my amd x2 4800 used to idle at 26C and now it idles at 44c and i have no clue why load goes up to about 50c but for the peltier cooler im using this is very unusual any suggestions?

alright i cleaned it up and its idle is 45c weird. Do u think i need to reaply the thermal paste?

the cleaning did some good though it jumped down to 43c now.

what type of heatsink are you using? stock amd, or aftermarket? maybe its just getting worked in, and getting hotter? my amd 3200+ venice s939 idled at like 23, then about 6 months later, it idled at like 38c. now I got my new system, AM2 x2 3600+ windsor w/Scythe Ninja (with the fan) it idles at like 22c, and loads at like 35C. currently its 27C (just firefox, and notepad, got notepad open for keeping a log on cigarette, my newly acquired pet black widow {just fed her a june bug})

guess I should read sigs more closely, been getting lazy lately

well the pelter is only 60w, so (i don't know much about them) does that mean that it can only handle 60w? or....can it handle more? just makes me wonder if the HS is almost inadequate. (92mm fan, but the fins are closely placed, i guess that evens the playing feild) I cant find any technical specs, but then again im rushing my self to get out back, got the barbecue going and all, plus the bug zapper, so yea...

i rules out the summer heat because it didnt happen last summer but who knows. Ok one question about reaplying my thermal paste to clean it of the peltier can i use rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth just like the method u use on the processor? The alcohol i have in the house is 91% isopyol. And the hs is this one.

Newegg.com - VIGOR GAMING CLT-M2A 92mm Thermal Electric CPU Cooler - Retail

im running my processor at. the stock speed and settings it is a x2 4800 toledo core.

(please excuse my spelling).

Ya man mine idles at like 33-34 c and goes to like 40C is this a good temp?i cant remeber if mine was ever in 20's

if its stock cooling then ya thats pretty good.

the only reason im trouble shooting my temp is because i didnt pay more than a ninja cooler to have it performing like a stock cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom