AMD X2 3800 temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi all, running an AMD X2 3800, not OC'd or anything. At idle it's around 28-30 celcius 85 f, and at load I'm still under 35 celc. Is this acceptable? My vid card gets pretty hot, but I just removed a VERY noisy fan and want to know if the above temps are ok. If anyone has an AMD guidline for temps on my cpu that would help too, I tried their website but I must have been missing it if they have one.

Thank you for any help.

Great :) That actually would leave tons of room for overclocking even on this stock HS/Fan! I'm still new to AMD's, my old P4's could fry up some eggs hehe

Will keeping the temps down on the CPU really prolong the life of the processor? I mean, I usually upgrade every 2-3 years so does it even matter if it does get a little hot?

your gpu is typically hotter than your cpu... my 7900 used to run around 50-60*C before i got aftermarket cooling...

i hope the fan you removed wasnt attached to a heatsink!

Wait... you removed the fan from your video card? Did you replace it? Those things runs pretty hot, and need a fan or heatsink. Your video card and CPU temps are seperate.

You've got some really nice CPU temps there! Dang, my Athlon is running around 33 - 35 C on idle. 28 is niiiiiiice!

No, no, sorry for the confusion, I removed 1 of 2 of the exhaust fans on the back of the pc case. Didn't think I needed 2, and one of them was SO loud and starting to squeak I just took it out.

No, hehe, I'm a noob but not dumb enough to remove a CPU or GPU fan and not replace it :)

That is good but you could get it running a little cooler i have the same cpu up to 2.2 ghz and its only at 32 degrees. You would be surprised at how much proper air ventilation can do. An exhaust fan near the top, heat rises, and a few intake fans can really open up the door for some serious overclocking. I have had mine up to 3.4 stable and know it could go higher.

Yeah, I'm using an old ATX case without a side intake fan, I'm actually about to go look at a case on sale at CompUSA that had one and maybe replace mine. I took the side panel off and temps dropped even more but I know it will get really dusty and dirty inside if I keep it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom