AMD phenom II temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I just recently built a Phenom II build... and im idling at around 40c.. with a Blue Orb which cool'd my AMD 5000+ at 19C before :/

is this a normal temp? im using AS compound too..

Idle temps do mean a little bit, if a piece of hardware is simply idling at a very high temperature, it is not good for the long term stability of the product. I did a quick google search, and your idle temp seems a bit high considering the circumstances, but a few others have had temps in your range.

What are your load temps?

hi, im running a phenom II

those temps are not that bad.
my temps are 28-32 idle (depending on what clock im set at) to 40-50 load (depending on clock and program)

you could use a better cooler and better thermal paste if you want better temps, also case airflow could mean 5-10C difference for the cpu temps too.

but i would not be too worried about your current temps, but you can improve it.

boy i hate typing on a laptop

Don't mean to jack, but I can't send PM's for some reason...

To the OP, you've got almost the same darn build as I do.. I'm gonna order a PII 940 soon. Did u have to flash that MoBo when u got it? I'm having nothing but problems with my rig lately. I think my CPU may be fried. Or my RAM.

Send me some pics of ur rig! ;)

hi, im running a phenom II

those temps are not that bad.
my temps are 28-32 idle (depending on what clock im set at) to 40-50 load (depending on clock and program)

you could use a better cooler and better thermal paste if you want better temps, also case airflow could mean 5-10C difference for the cpu temps too.

but i would not be too worried about your current temps, but you can improve it.

boy i hate typing on a laptop

Well im using Artic Silver 5 didn't think you can get much better thermal then that... and im also using Antec 1200 case... which has better air flow then any case if you ask me..

and i agree i don't have the best CPU cooling.. but it kept my X2 CPU at 19c constantly....

but what are normal temps? when should i worry about my temps.. above 60?

Don't mean to jack, but I can't send PM's for some reason...

To the OP, you've got almost the same darn build as I do.. I'm gonna order a PII 940 soon. Did u have to flash that MoBo when u got it? I'm having nothing but problems with my rig lately. I think my CPU may be fried. Or my RAM.

Send me some pics of ur rig! ;)

well.. i didn't have to flash it for boot... but Windows would reconize the phenom II as unknown.. so i had to update the bios with a flash drive with F3 bios.. simple process... just use Qflash when you turn on the comp then just select the bios off ur USB flash drive and update it.. and then thats it.. Good mobo...

EDIT: also question for everybody.. i don't quite understand HWmonitor.. i was reading my temps by all 4 of my cores.. or is CPU under system temps my actual CPU temp? Confused.. thanks

Untitled-9.jpg

Bump, tryin to find out why my Cores runs hotter then my actual CPU temp.. im running at 47C on all cores now and 30C on my actual CPU temp.. on idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom