AMD Phenom 9950 BLACK EDITION 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ not working??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AydonFlex

Beta member
So I just bought a whole new system. New tower Aspire X-Navigator, New psu ABS Tagan BZ 900w, new motherboard ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX, two new memory sticks Mushkin 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel, and a new cpu the Phenom.

Still waiting on my monitor and the ati video card that I ordered, but I decided that I would get a head start and connect everything to get it out of the way.

Now the new motherboard doesn't come with a vga hookup or even dvi, I have to wait for the video card, so unfortunately I don't know if a screen would have displayed or not and what would be on it if it did. But what I do know is that the fan on the cpu is not working at all. I don't know if it's because I already have five fans set up (the Navigator case comes with a top fan, 2 rear, a front, and a side which I have all connected together), but before I even connected the fans, I do remember seeing the cpu fan working. So what I did is disconnect the set of fans from the Tagan psu and left the power hookups on the motherboard for the board itself 20+4 and an 8pin connector. The CPU was/is also hooked up to the motherboard by its cord. I previously had unhooked everything before doing this. Went to plug the psu back in, hit the on switch, and pushed the power button - saw the psu led light flicker and that was that.

I went back and reconnected all of the fans, they still work, led and lcd displays work on the front of the case. Thinking to myself "Please don't tell me my case fried the chipset of my brand new EXPENSIVE motherboard and cpu!"

I don't know if it's just the motherboard itself or the cpu or both. I am now RMAing, but before I ship them back I want to see if there's anything I can do that might fix this issue? I wouldn't think that hooking up a bunch of fans would fry a motherboard and if so that is a big issue and I might wind up sending the case back as well for a different one.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I have unhooked, rehooked, let the psu switch stay in the on position for a while before powering up, but still no movement from the cpu fan and again, I don't have a monitor hookup on that motherboard, yet, so I can't tell if this is normal or not. Any ideas?

does the PSU come on at all?
or do the fans slightly move, then stop all-together, no power no nothing?

If it is the second one, then it is a power issue and not your mobo/processor

Check to make sure that you didn't hit the Power S/W from the case to the mobo (those 5/6 little hook ups that are a pain the in arse to hook up because they are so close together!). when you were unhooking all those fans, you might of accidently hit it.

recently i just had a computer that would not start back up - the PSU led would only flicker - noticed the Power S/W did not have a full connection to the mother board.

CHECK ALL MOLAR/SATA POWER CONNECTIONS. - hard drive, cd rom, fans, etc.
the system will not boot up at all if it senses a loose power connection.

as well, try a different PSU if possible.
as well, if you can find a temporary graphics card to hook up to see if the POST screen comes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom