AMD Crossfire

luke127 said:
The only thing I am worried about is when I go to enable it, it mentions something about a compatible monitor. Which I have no idea if my default screen is compatible or not. So if someone could help that'd be good, also I am wondering if my mobo is compatible or not.

I don't see why not ?
Read this info I'm giving you, read what I highlighted and colored.

Procesadores Acelerados AMD para Notebooks

AMD A6-3410MX Processor
Crossfire mobile laptop
hewelette packard dv6-1807

Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard | | 1807
Processor: AMD A6-3410MX APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics | Socket FS1 | 800/100mhz

APU's dual graphics - how to enable Crossfire? - TechSpot Forums

AMD Catalyst

Q1: What is AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics?

A1: AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics is an innovative new technology exclusive to AMD platforms that allows AMD APUs and select AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics cards to work together; when combined, the platform delivers stunning high definition and DirectX® 11 & DirectX® 10 capabilities that are better than either device alone. Currently, AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics is supported on the AMD A-Series APUs in conjunction with select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 series graphics cards used under the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.

Q2: How do I know my AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD Graphics card is capable of supporting AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics?

A2: There are two main ways to find out if your system can support AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics. One, you can go to AMD Radeon Dual Graphics and get the latest information, including all supported discrete GPUs. Two, if you purchase an AMD A-Series APU for your desktop PC as an individual processor-in-a-box (PIB), the right hand panel will show the supported discrete GPUs for that particular APU model.

Q3: I just bought an AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6000 Series graphics card. How do I configure my PC to take advantage of AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics?

A3: To take advantage of AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics, you must use a compatible AMD A-Series APU to pair with your supported AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6000 Series card. After installation of your graphics card, install the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will allow the AMD A-Series APU graphics to work in tandem with the select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series GPU installed for increased graphics performance.

Q4: Where do I plug my monitor in to get the best performance when using AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics technology?

A4: For best performance, AMD recommends plugging the display into your discrete graphics card. This will ensure that even applications that do not take advantage of AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics will still be able to run on the faster graphics card in your system. However, to be more accurate, we recommend that you plug your monitor into the AMD Radeonâ„¢ graphics with the higher model number. If that is your APU, plug into the motherboard, if it is your discrete graphics card, plug into that.

What catalyst means is trying to ask you:

Do you have another dedicated ATI graphics card on your desktop that can extend into another monitor or not ?
Doesn't hurt to try even if you have a nvidia gfx or GT based card,
Least that will happen your desktop or lappy may refuse each other based on hardware and resolution problems.

Plug it up to the monitor, make sure you the resolution is matching that of the notebook.
On the lappy, hit screen number 2, just do it like your crossing firing on a normal desktop.

Hit apply, it will flicker twice and you should be able to see your notebooks screen extend on to your desktop.
If the sizes seem abit off work with it some until you get something you can like and work with.

Last edited:
So you guys are saying that it's safe for me to enable AMD Crossfire? My laptop's PSU won't blow up? (That's definitely not preferable :p )

So you guys are saying that it's safe for me to enable AMD Crossfire? My laptop's PSU won't blow up? (That's definitely not preferable :p )

From what I read and understood from the documentation online I posted up.
Yes it will be safe enough for you to do, what I don't get is why do you wanna crossfire on the damn thing ? o0
If you are still unsure call up AMD inc today or sometime this month and ask them.
They should be able to give you a yes or no answer based on your situation.
Contact Us at AMD

Really though you have a good screen size, the gpu is more than enough to do some real good gaming on medium/high settings.
The APU is good enough for all that and with school work and office productivity.
If you really wanna crossfire just do it the old desktop way.

No, the PSU won't blow up. It will drain your battery faster though most likely so you'll have to be plugged in to an outlet, tho. But like PP said:

The integrated is much slower than the dedicated. I'm not real sure it will give you that much of a benefit.

You don't need a specific screen for Crossfire (to the OP). If you have the option, go for it. The worst it will do is go slower.

Back
Top Bottom