Not open for further replies.

i_hate_RAM

Beta member
hi guys, my *newer cpus mobo has apparently been shot:
dell inspiron 530
3gb ddr2 RAM
duo core processor
winXP 64 bit

Im trying to install the old graphics card (foxconn 630G01 REV A00{internet tells me its a AMD/ATI radeon 9500}] into a:

HP pavillion (i assume just says hp :x)
AMD sempron 34002.0 ghz processor 32 bit
1 gb of ram

also the current graphics is on board nvidia geforce 6100

im running into several probelms first off the device manager does not detect any hardware changes in plug and play (does this mean my graphics card is not compatible with this cpu?)

also im not sure if i have to uninstall the nvidia before i can install the AMD but i do not want to uninstall it before knowing my device manager will read the AMD

i have no installation disk so i have to get the drivers from the internet.
ive already installed the Catalyst AMD driver manager but it also does not detect it.

the AMD site says this particular card has been moved to a legacy structure. im not too computer savy so im not sure what im doing but im not brain dead and could follow instructions i just need a little help.

if you need anymore details just ask thanks a million

It is compatible most likely. Only way not to is to not have the correct slot.

That said, you need to check the slots, take pctures if you want and post them for us to double check.

And welcome to the forum.

thank you <3
im almost certain the card is compatible if fits in the black slot perfectly and it powers on when i power the computer (it has quite a loud fan) ill get working on the pictures for you guys also there is no other slots in which it would be able to fit

this is it installed if you looke closely you can see its black port which is IDENTICAL to the one in the previous cpu, would you like me to remove and get pictures?
307691_220772844650592_100001536354210_596863_302176065_n.jpg

yea ive done all the basics
well grief got the best of me and i got a:
dell studio xps 7100
AMD Athlon 2 quad processor
ATI radeon HD 4200
3gb ram 64 bit OS win 7 for only 399$usd

so im stoked :) still have my old vid card gonna save it for when i need it one day. thanks for the welcome here ill use this forum whebnever i need to :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom