AMD Athlon and Unpopulated HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianX10

Baseband Member
Me again, with more problems :p.
The RAM I ordered works wonderfully, just in case anyone who wondered cared.

BUT, I also got a 250gb HDD, set as a slave, and an AMD Athlon XP 3200+

Now, the HDD isn't really caring to show up, although it semi-recognizes that it exists. It shows up in my device manager, but under the properties tab, it shows all values blank, with a button that says POPULATE. This leads me to beleive it is unformatted, so if I could get some direction on where to go with that, it would be greatly appreciated.

SECOND, my AMD Athlon 3200+ is successfully installed, BUT, when I look at ''My Computer" Properties, it shows up as this:
hardw9gz.jpg

1.09ghz is what the OLD Proc was. . .and it doesn't even say 3200+.

Normal? Not Normal. Please give me some feedback soon, Thanks!

If you go into Disk Management you should be able to format your new hard drive. And yes, you do have to format a new drive.

As for your CPU, Windows probably didnt realize it got a new CPU and didnt update it's registry. Try using CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and make sure that your CPU is running at the right speed.

Alright thanks, yeah I found out how to do the disk managment thing after I posted, thanks for the CPU tool though Ill try it out.

Yeah its a bit odd when I turn on my computer sometimes it shows a message during POST that says: "Memory is set to 100mhz Duel Channel Mode"

My new RAM is 1gb Kingston PC3200 DDR.
Old one not sure, but its 512mb PC2700. . . Should be running at 166mhz at LEAST huh, maybe I should try JUST the new RAM.

Also, I can't really get into my BIOS right now, when I try it just goes to a black screen, forever. . .but I can't get a new motherboard right now. Im stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom