AMD Athlon 64 5200+ Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soumak

Beta member
Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums. I was wondering if the motherboard that I have is compatable to the AMD Athlon 64 5200+. The price difference between 5200+ and the 5000+ is only $10 so I figgured if I can get the 5000+ why not get the 5200+ if it works. I know that the 5000+ works on my computer since I've talked to HP techinicians that they have stated that it works with my motherboard. Specifications to the motherboard are Here

Can anyone tell me if the 5200+ works with my motherboard aswell? Thanks in advance for your reply.

The only difference between the 5200+ and the 5000+ is the L2 Cach speed were the 5200+ has a L2 cache of 2x1MB while the 5000 has a L2 cache of 2x512kb.

Since I'm a newbie at this sort of thing I'm not sure if there is an upper limit to L2 Cache speed for motherboard and its interface with the processor. Any help on the topic would be helpful. Thank you for your help.

Thanks. Yeah it will work. I've checked it out throughly. Basically the Techinicians were telling me that it will only work with the 5000+ because in the US they have not tested the 5200+ on this motherboard. However, in scandanavia they have tested it on almost the exact same motherboard and the 5200+ runs on there so it should work on here. :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom