Alpine 750 watt psu not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrus250

Solid State Member
Hi all,
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on why my brand new psu fails to deliver any power as far as I can tell. I don't have any advanced equipment or voltage checkers etc... I got it today and set it up, I have triple checked all of the connections and they are all in the right place. I have just taken my old psu out so I know there is nothing wrong with the components. Also, I have checked the fuse and cables to the psu.
Thanks for your help
Peter :lol:

This is, I believe, a cheap PSU. I never heard of that brand, but most likely, it is not pushing enough amps on the 12v rail.

Well, that sounds likely, but surely the psu fan should start, or give some sort of acknowledgement of receiving power?

:annoyed:Nope, absolutely no reaction after jump starting it... I can see my self sending this thing back...

Is the switch on the back of the PS turned to the "On" Position?
If you are in USA, the red switch should be set to 115.
images

I have checked the obvious stuff like switches, and I'm in the uk, it is set to 230v but trust me, I know which setting to be on, my sister blew up the voltage adapter after fiddling with the red switch that say 'do not adjust' on it... ;-( (on an old psu)

Definitely send the PSU back then. If possible, get a refund and buy a reputable brand like Antec or Corsair.

doing so now... I got it from dabs so I can get a full refund, which is nice. I've learnt my lesson and I will have to splash out a bit. Thanks very much for your help though. I still don't understand why it didn't even turn on... I'm surprised that dabs would sell this sort of product. Anyway thanks for trying. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom