Almost gets to windows then restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

keef_haggerd

Solid State Member
first off this is what im using ( i think i have everything posted right)

ATX 450w Case
BIOSTAR NF4ST-A9 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP1203N 120GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive
Western Digital 200, 20 GB harddrive
2x Elixir 512 DDR400 PC 3200
GeForce FX 5500 OC (Overclocked)
256MB DDR AGP 8x/4x
VGA + S-Video Out

My original set up was my gateway computer, i dont know what kind of motherboard it was, but it had an intel pentium 4 1.6 GHz
same RAM, same hard drives, and same video card. and they worked fine. i then got my new case, motherboard and CPU, this is the first time ive put together a computer from scratch, but im pretty positive i have everything connected correctly. and i even went so far as to take the RAM vid card and hard drives back out, and put them into the gateway, and yes, everything worked fine.

i dont know what the problem with the motherboard or CPU or what. what happens is when i start the computer everything is fine then it gets to "which version of windows do you want to use (i somehow installed two versions of windows when i had got the new harddrive and never got around to taking it off) i click on the normal windows i use and it waits a moment, a blue screen flashes, then the computer restarts. any clues as to whats wrong? im trying to save myself the $40-50 itll cost to it into a computer shop, but if i must i must, i want to play battlefield 2 !!!

its windows XP

ill try re-installing windows when i get the chance, meaning ill have to put everything into my old computer and put my 30 gigs of music on my external harddrive, fun awaits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom