All games locking up/crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ROCKY-

Beta member
I dont know if this should go in this section whatever.

Ok, so a couple of days ago I was playing World Of Warcraft normally, then suddenly the whole screen locked up, there were weird vertical lines/dots and colours all over the screen but the sound was still playing then suddenly stopped and started looping then stopped again, I couldnt Alt Tab out or do anything, all that was left was too reboot, this now happens on ALL games, I have the latest drivers installed, today I have been trying to see if it worked again with different results, its always the same crash but sometimes my monitor just turns itself off and wont come on and I have to reboot,

Also the first time it crashed I was getting slowdown and artifacts on the desktop , today the same crashes have been happening but I waited and a message box came up faintly saying Display Driver Stopped Responding..there was more text but I couldnt see it because the ultra large text and messed up graphics, , my monitor is a quite old one but I dont see how that can be the problem, I have no idea what I can do or what is going wrong.

I have uploaded a small video so you can see what the lock ups look and sound like here zSHARE - mvi_0536.avi

System

AMD 3200+ CPU at 2.2Ghz
ASUS A7N8X-E motherboard
1024MB Ram (2x512)
Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB graphics card
Audigy ZS sound card

Graphics card Drivers

Forceware Release 163 - UK version
Version 163.71
Release date - 28.9.2007

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Status