All 3D games lock up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuke

Beta member
Few days ago i started to have this problem that causes all my games lock up after few mins of playing.
I have had this problem before but i solved it by deleting all spyvare and viruses. Now i cant solve it in any way. i have tried many antivirus and spyware programs but it didnt help. Is there any way to solve this problem?

I have:
Radeon 9200 128MB Vram
256MB Ram
Athlon 1700+ 1.4Ghz

Ouch... 256MB could be part of it.

Try this:

Open up the System configuration Utility (START- RUN- "MSCONFIG"- STARTUP tab). Uncheck everything except what you have to have (firewall, AV, broadband drivers, graphics drivers, whatever). Click APPLY, OK, then reboot.

If all else fails, you could reformat and reinstall Windows. A clean installation usually clears most things up. Another way you could make games play better as in less mid game studdering would be to upgrade your ram to something like 512 mb. Also, what kinds of games are you attempting to play?

Ok i tried the MSCONFIG thingy and it worked. Now games havent crashed.. atleast not yet.
Thanks for your help :D

256 wont cut it. What happening is the game is relying on ur ram to load random rendered images, and once u hit the max of 256, the game will lock up. You need more ram for more play with the game so it can load all the textures before.

If you can find a way to preload all your textures when u laod the game, it may help, but itl require bigger page file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom