Alienware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopez-315

Beta member
Hey guys I'm new to this site, was sent here by a buddy.

So basically I fried my motherboard in my Alienware computer and the warranty won't cover it. Yeah yeah I know I made a bad bad choice in buying an Alienware, so no need to hound me about it ;). I plan on buying a similar mobo from newegg.com and paying somebody to install it for me. I've never replaced parts in a computer so I'd trust my money more in the hands of someone who is experienced in the matter. But the reason why I come here is because I was told by someone that the task is pretty tricky for Alienware computers. Is that true? I can't imagine why it would be any different. Since I've never replaced a motherboard before, do you think a bestbuy or geek squad employee would do it as a sidejob for me for like 60 bucks? Or is the process more complicated than I think and should I probably pay more?

Thanks.

$60 to install a mobo is expensive...i could do it in less then 5mins. All you do is put some screws in. Just do it your self. Are you good enough with computers to know where to put the wires/cables back in if you take them out? I don't see why an alienware comp would be tricks...i doubt a geek squad member would do it anyway.

You could always ship it to me..with $60 and i'll do it and ship it back lol...(joking)

well you shouldn't have gone alienware..... :D

first off, welcome to the forums, second off i'm only kidding, third off, just buy a new mobo if you need it and put it in yourself. its about as easy as counting to 100. and would take probably the same amount of time.

Don't bother paying someone, it's a rip.

All you need is some common sense, and it's easy to do.

Okay my main concern was that maybe Alienware computers were built so that it was somehow difficult to install/replace a motherboard. That's what I heard. but if you say it isn't then that's great news :)

They do have tamper evident mechanisms but other than that it's the same as installing a regular motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom