AHHH HP is SOBs - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

I need help i took on a free lance job to format and re-install windows xp on some computers for a local business... No problem, except they are HPs and for some reason all the drivers that HP has up for this computer do no work. It is a HP d325 (stock), they are running Windows XP Home. I really need the Ethernet, Video, and SMBus drivers for them. I have searched and searched... Everytime I try a driver, i go check device manager and it says no drivers for teh device is found... Plz help!

Ok so far teh Audio driver is fine... the etherenet card still isnt working. and the SMBus still isnt installed (this seems t be a running problem with compack). Some of the computers came up with only one graphics, but then some have 3. The ones that only have one, the Driver from teh website worked, and for the ones that have 3, it worked for teh main but not the other two...

Old 11-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

run cpuz to figure out what mb we are dealing with and we can go from there to find drivers from the components manufacturers.

HP d325 Microtower Desktop PC specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products

get chipset driver from nvidia for the nforce2

ethernet from 3com for the Integrated 3Com 10/100 Fast Ethernet Controller

video from nvidia for the geforce4

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: AHHH HP is SOBs

Ty for you reply... i have been stuck away from the computers so today is the first tiem i can try stuff. The Chipset fix one of the problems but not all... Still have Video Controller (VGA Compatible)... Still working will keep update.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: AHHH HP is SOBs

Found a program called Driver Robot... Worked great! Apparently HP is notorious for putting all types of different parts even in the same model pc's.
Closed Thread