AGP vs PCI - e

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShade01

Baseband Member
First off is there a simple way to tell which slot you have? I know that all the standard ports are PCI and then the one set apart from the others is either PCIe or AGP...how can I tell the different though? Also is there a huge performance different between the two? (talking lower end of the PCIe spetrum, not the $400-$500 cards)

Here is a picture showing the difference between AGP and PCIx cards:
agp-vs-pci_2.jpg

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an absolute standard on the color of the ports. The AGP ports are almost always brown and PCIx ports are often beige-ish like the other PCI ports, but this isn't always the case.

as for performance , pci express would be better ,but with the lower end cards its not by much , agp maybe be the older but it still performs well so if your stuck with an agp port it really isnt that big of a problem if youd even consider it a problem although pci express cards are a bit cheaper

Well thanks for the info everyone it did help i wasn't sure which my computer had, turns out that it is PCI-e and I have an ok card. It wasn't $400 dollars but somewhere around $200. So I like it. Also i was hoping that there wouldn't be just a standard on the color of the port b/c i'm color blind so if that was the only way to tell I'd be in trouble lol

out of topic but M3Cosmos are u Polish ?
because the picture u posted says Your Pc (twoje PC)
out of curiosity

sylwek said:
out of topic but M3Cosmos are u Polish ?
because the picture u posted says Your Pc (twoje PC)
out of curiosity

Haha, no. I ripped that off of a search from Google Images, but my boss is Polish. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom