AGP chip fan driving me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4T

Beta member
For quite a while now there has been a very loud buzzing noise coming from my computer. I cracked it open and my first thought was the CPU fan. Well, cleaned that out, put it back in; no change. Then just the other day I noticed a small fan that said "AGP 8X" on it, presumably the AGP processor. When I stop that fan, all buzzing goes away. So, I took it out cleaned it, put it back in; same, if not more buzzing.

Can I safely remove the fan that is on my AGP chip, and opt instead to put an low-rototaion 80mm case fan in to do the cooling, or will that not be enough?

if the chip has it's on fan, i doubt that case fan will do any good. it's possible to replace the fans on video cards, it's just a pain. that will probably solve your problem though.

This AGP isn't on a video card, its on the motherboard. Right next to my CPU fan

I guess I'll just have to buy a whole new fan then....I hate having to buy new stuff though, lol.

oh. *slow* well then, that changes things a bit. to be safe i would get a new fan, and make sure you get the right one of course, consult with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom