agp 4x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fropez87

Beta member
I have an agp 4x slot in my computer ( Dell Dimension 4500 ). The other day the video card that came with it starting making noise ( geforce ti 4200 ). Within a few minutes the display on my computer was not appearing. I opened up the computer and removed the graphics card thinking that the card blew out, since I've had it for about 4 years. I have no onboard video, so I had to order a new card ( Radeon 9600). I just got the new card, inserted into the agp slot and there is still a black screen. I know it's not the monitor because I hooked a laptop up to it yesterday. Is it possible that my agp slot is busted? Is there a way to tell? Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance.

I had the exact same problem. Mine was made by Sapphire and I thought it was my agp slot. I had a tech look at it and they said there could be a bug in the card. Whats your PSU?

I believe that its 300 watts, which should be sufficient enough for any mid level card. The card I have is a Saphirre as well. The original was an Nvidia though, I'm convinced that it is the mobo that is busted now.

I have a 300 Watt psu and when I had my intel motherboard in my card was fine but when I went with AMD then I had the problem. I phoned a tech they said good chance its your PSU. If you have a extra PSU try that first and If that doesn't work I would send the mobo back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom