After Turning On Computer, Nothing Displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0rana

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my old computer (let's call it Computer X), and I'm seeking help.

Computer X has these specs
CPU: AMD Athlon XP +1800
Memory: 2 x 512mb
Motherboard: MB VIAK T333 6P1A3D KX7 - 333R ABIT
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX
Vodeo Card: ATI Radeon 8500 LE 128MB

When I turn on Computer X, I hear fans spinning, the LEDs on the optical drives are blinking briefly, the motherboard's LED is on, and so that means everything has power. But then I get a blank screen. No Windows XP loading screen. No DOS calculation stuff. Nothing.

So I thought maybe it's the video card. I moved Computer X's video card to Computer Y. But Computer Y works with Computer X's video card. So the video card is not the problem.

Does anyone know anything else I should try in order to find/solve the problem?

Try clearing the CMOS.

Unplug the computer from power, press the power button a few times to drain extra power. Remove the silver coin battery on the board for a few minutes. Reinsert the battery, power the computer on.

Try clearing the CMOS.

Unplug the computer from power, press the power button a few times to drain extra power. Remove the silver coin battery on the board for a few minutes. Reinsert the battery, power the computer on.

Wow! It works! You solved it in one post! THANK YOU!

Try clearing the CMOS.

I probably wouldnt have even bothered to say that, but i guess it should always be a first step. :laughing:

I would assume you don't have onboard graphics to fall back on, korky? If you can test your GFX card in another computer that would rule it out. If you could use onboard GFX, or another card that you know is good, you could rule out the mobo. Test the monitor with another computer to see if it is the problem.

From what I see, it would be one of those... GFX card, mobo, or monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom