After restart PCU mother boad or cpu broken ,no monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblewis

Solid State Member
MY computer was working fine, then i restarted it, when i came back the monitor wasnÂ’t on. I manually shut it down and turned it back on still nothing from the monitor. and i could not use CTR+ALT DEL 2 times to restart, and the key board has no lights on num lock or caps lock do nothing.

I disconnected every thing from the computer and put come old ram in it and took out video card put it back in still didnÂ’t work.

But now when i plug the power cord back into the computer it turns itself on which makes me think something wrong with the PCU

All the fans and the hard drive runs

The cd drives both open, and i put another monitor on the computer to make sure it wasnÂ’t my monitor. I also reset my bios with no effect.

I have been reading around and have seen similar problems that are caused by a bad motherboard or cpu or processor. Is there a trouble shooting guild to determine which one it is?

Is your system speaker installed? If you everything except the power connectors unplugged and you reset the cmos/removed battery and there are no beeps then the board is toast.

ok i had the power cord plugged in and i took out the battery no beep. so this means its the mother board?

try it with no ram? you will always get a series of beeps then, if the board is working.. if you get no beeps then,, then its the board or cpu

nothing happend again with no ram. is there any test to determin if it is the board or the cpu?

my computer is a hp pavilion a 250e
amd athalon 2100

if i wanted to upgrade the processor could i do that if i bought a new mother board and processor?

are all power supplies the same?

how can you tell if it is the cpu or the or the mother board.?

and does any one know what style of mother board a hp pavilion a250e uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom