after refitting ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

geforce8800

Banned
after refitted the RAM the machine wont boot up though the machine does start up but theres nothing showing up on the screen. any idea why it happens? everything works fans/heatsink except the mouse and keyboard though the 8pins cable is connected on the motherboard.

Hmmmm, I have had that problem a few times with my pc, normally it had to do with oc trouble but in your case it sounds as if that is specific ram problem.
Move the ram into another slot clear cmos for about 5 minutes and reboot your pc to see what happens.

Yes, when you put in your ram it should beep one time and you will notice your keyboard light and mouse light on letting you know.
The pc is starting up, if you don't see any of that even the monitor fails to flicker on, I would definetly consider it a ram probelm as you are telling us.

theres no beep, no light on the keyboard nor mouse but the monitor has light but its not showing anything..

ok, I know today is presidents day but see if best buy or possibly one of the computer shops might have some ram for you to buy.
Before I leave tonight what kind of ram did you put in there and what are your system specs ?

So computer was working, you reseated the ram and now it is not working?

Have you reseated them again?
Any chance monitor connections got loose when you were messing with the computer? accidentally plugged into onboard gpu when using a card?

Full system specs please.

i didnt touch anything apart from the RAM. yes it was working 5mins ago before i touched the RAM well the base unit(CPU) is working apart from that i mentioned above.

Asus p7p55d-e pro
Core i5
Gskill 4GB 2GBx2 DDR3 1600Mhz
Sapphire 5870
H50-1 Hydro Heatsink
OCZ XtremeModular 700W

recheck your internal connections in case you knocked something loose. especially the gpu connections.
reseat ram again.

If not try one stick at a time in different slots.

if not reset cmos.

Look into getting your ram checked out by a local computer shop.
They'll probably charge 10.00 to test it but atleast you'll find if the ram is the main problem or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom