After Q6600 Installation, Stuttering Occurs! HELP MEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
Since installing my new Q6600 stuttering and general lag appears whenever I start an application like Audiosurf or the NWN2 Toolset or Half-Life 2. Any ideas why?

What OS? Have you done a repair install of XP? What have you done?

i have 4gb ram @ 800mhz

vista 64-bit installed

and it seems it stutters and is generally slower than my e6850.....

Did you do a fresh install of Vista after the new mobo and CPU?

Could be wrong but as Makaveli213 eluded to earlier I'm pretty sure vista requires a full reinstall after a cpu change like that.

Most likely you will, XP is pretty forgiving about hardware changes, but when your swapping that much stuff then it will probly make you re-install.

Vista is much more picky :(

I believe a repair install works, if I remember right.

If possible, remove the hardware drivers that are currently installed before you install them into your new system.

I believe a repair install works, if I remember right.

If possible, remove the hardware drivers that are currently installed before you install them into your new system.

A repair install would work. If Vista had it. With Vista if you do a major change like this you WILL have to format and reisntall the OS.

A repair install would work. If Vista had it. With Vista if you do a major change like this you WILL have to format and reisntall the OS.

Oops, yeah, forgot he said he has Vista for an OS :D. Saw that plongstaff was talking about XP...would help if I read the whole thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom