After New motherboard, PC wont start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonsamurai

Beta member
to cut the long story short, the motherboard and the gfx card on my dads workstation, so i get New motherboard (DFI make) new graphics card, and some new DDR2 RAM. oh and the motherboard is compatible with the CPU (i checked)
so i hook them all up once the parts arrive and it boots up fine but when it gets to windows, it simply doesnt want to boot, i got a BSOD with 0x0000007B i think it was ( cant remember) and so i look it up and its because windows cant find the table or something on the drive, whatever, we needed to reinstall windows anyway, thats not the point. The SECOND time i booted it up, it never should me the screen (i.e. the monitor was in standby, and it never turned on, giving me a POST code of C1 (on this model you can see the POST in a LED display on the motherboard itself) ive checked it works fine w/ my macbook) so i did some research and some guys on a IRC channel working for Leo Laporte (famous radio talkshow host/tech guy) told me it was faulty Motherboard ( >_< ) so i got an RMA, and the new motherboard is all shiny, what not, but now i turn it on, and nothing happens at all, no post no boot no beep.
and im not rocket psychist, but you get me, im sure if i got no post no beeb no boot its not good :/

any suggestions what it may be? ram is out of the question, i tested the old and new one.

Specs:

(OS on HD is windows XP)

250 GB 7200 RPM seagate i think it is.
2.66 Ghz Pentium 4, HT (its a older cpu yet still supported)
Motherboard is a DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel
RAM is CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Gfx card is MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3

anybody have a clue what is going on?

Pull everything off the board (including the CPU) and try to boot it. You should get a high/low beep that keeps repeating (if the mobo has a speaker for the BIOS... check your case to see if it has one to hook up for it). If that works, or you get a POST code for no CPU, good. If not, it is dead.

Once its working has been established, start adding parts one by one, starting with the CPU and cooler, then vid card, then RAM.

Odds are you will have to format and reinstall Windows no matter what, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom