Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well a lesson learned :) take it to the hardware store and see what they think most likely you need a new motherboard depending on your CPU. it`d be cheap to replace anyway you can get some nice motherboards for nothing now.

yeah i know but will it be compatible with my old gfx card and processor? need new power supply i think aswell

pentium 4 then I presume and the 9200 will most likely be an AGP card but also possible its PCI. You can find a cheap mobo to match those parts once you find out which variation of 9200 you have.

oh ok thansk dude. Its a intel perl motherboard if that means anything but yeah iLl take it in tommorow and get it sorted out. Get them to get a new fan on teh wpoer supply aswell.

lol thanks..... is it possible to change the mobo and ram and processor without changing the gfx card and stuff?

stuff it iLL get a new processor mobo and gfx card and ram and the rest of it! how much would i be up for you reckon? i had a AMD before and it was shitful due to not enough cooling iLL make sure i get some heavy duty fans if i go down the AMD road

depends how much you have to spend it will cost anywhere between $200-400. If you play high end games then 400+ will be the target other wise you could build an ok comp for $200 maybe a little less if you cut down out on everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom