advent laptop screen turns off and back on after a sec repeatedly,...

janex23

Solid State Member
Hello guys. I got a weird problem.
My laptop screen keeps turning off every second. It comes on and off again.
I dont think its a backlight or inverter, because sometimes its working fine+ I runned this program -any video converter which used all my pc power and it stopped too. But now after using this method it started to not use all its power on the program so im back to flashing screen.
computer model: advent monza n1.
I have no warranty.
And also now, that I cant get a lot of pressure on the pc it does the opposite, when im not running anything, when I leave just open and dont touch it, it wont be flashing until I start some game or smthng. Its really weird.
I hope that I have, described the situation fine.

Update. So I now it's, at the stage where I can open something and minimize immediately otherwise it would start to blink.
Ive tried to look in bios.
safe mode.
take off plastics and check for loose cables.
cleaned it.

I think it might be because of my cpu. Thermal paste has never been changed. I bought it used on ebay 2 years ago.
I dont want to touch it for now..

have you tried plugging a monitor to it? this will let you know if it's your screen or not. the cable ribbon that powers your screen may be damaged, and can cause power fluxuations. I have a laptop in my shop that had this happen. only way to fix it is replace the screen

I havent tried different monitor or but the ribbon is good.
I took the radiator and fan of the cpu now, cleaned it all around.
Now booted up and havent had any problems.
ill keep posting on what happens.
But I really dont think its a ribbon or the actual monitor, its more heat, cpu related I think.
but thanks.. :)

ok cool yeah keep me updated... just wondering, have you removed or can you remove the GPU heatsinc? does it do this from cold start or gradually, over course of like 15 minutes, get worse?

Yap,
Thats what I removed# heatsink and cleaned all around it., and so far no blinking screen, ill keep it untouched for a while to see what happens.
And its always happening like this. 1sec screens backlight is on,1 second its off.
it may be a bit hard to understand what I mean, because this is my third language.
Also I removed my faulty speakers, maybe they caused this.

doubt your speakers had anything to do with it, they work off a total different circuit and drivers. speaking of drivers, have you updated any drivers recently? have you checked to make sure that your drivers are up to date? based off what you are saying I doubt that drivers are the issue but it never hurts to make sure that all drivers are updated and installed properly

Yap,
Thats what I removed# heatsink and cleaned all around it., and so far no blinking screen, ill keep it untouched for a while to see what happens.
And its always happening like this. 1sec screens backlight is on,1 second its off.
it may be a bit hard to understand what I mean, because this is my third language.
Also I removed my faulty speakers, maybe they caused this.

When you removed the heatsync for the CPU/GPU, did you clean off the old thermal paste, and re-apply new thermal paste?

I reseted my pc to factory settings, sio it has all drivers that it needs and nothing more, this was the first thing I did when the problem ocured.

I didnt put a new thermal paste, cause the old one seemed fine and I dont have any at the moment. All I did was, cleaned everything around and on my motherboard and cleaned the fan too.
Ill post as soon as the problem comes back or if the problem does not come back, we can confirm that removing heatsink and cleaning your motherboard and fan might do the trick :)

btw, so far so good, no more blinking for now.
:D
Forgot to mention that my pc is much more quiet now. Before it was so loud, the fan was working non stop and on full speed, now its alright.

Last edited:
did you remove the heat sinc to make that determination? any time you remove a heatsinc you should replace the paste. if you didn't, it may still be worth your while to purchase some arctic silver 5 and youtube proper installationi

Back
Top Bottom