Adjusting LCD panels? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Adjusting LCD panels?

Hi All. I purchased a Samsung 204B 20.1" LCD and I was really enjoying it until I played a game for more then an hour. I thought it was the brightness so I turned it down, but I still feel a little dizzy and find myself squinting. I'm running at 1280x1024. I turned down the brightness and gamma and it still seems to be "hurting my eyes". I'm coming from a CRT, so was wondering if anyone knows what I might need to adjust or if this is just typical with LCDs and gaming. I tried pushing the monitor further away from me even though I sat pretty close to my CRT but that didn't seem to help. I really like the LCD and having my extra deskspace but can't handle the eye strain. Any ideas? I'm an LCD newbie!

Old 08-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes

this isnt really a technical question it just takes some getting used to. you can adjust the settings using the monitor or the video drivers themselves.

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 08-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Hello,

Is there some kind of auto adjust button on your monitor?

Also, do you feel dizzy when looking at the screen, when not in the game?

And what resolution is the game's setting at?

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 08-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thanks for the reply

No, the display doesn't bother me when out of games, it is a bit bright but I can turn that down easily.

I don't see an auto-adjust, I'll dig out my manual and look at it. I just went through the OSD options and didn't see anything for auto-adjust.

I bought a 2nd LCD panel for my 2nd PC and it was a 19" and it auto-adjusts and looks better. Have not tried a game on that one.

The native res on this LCD is 1600x1200, and I've tried running the games in 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 and it still seems to bother me. Hate to go back to a CRT, but I don't know what else to adjust or tweak or why this would even bother me.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes

i think you just need to get used to it it is quite the switch and i can see how it could be a bit hard on your eyes mainly because the screen is so big its hard for your eyes to focus on everything that is going on.

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 08-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

hi,

i have suffered really bad dizzyness with my samsung 19 inch.

only while on games too,

even went to the docs to see if its a prob!

Closed Thread