Adding a Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikcle440

Beta member
I took my 80 gig hard drive out of my old computer and put it in my new one. I thought it would appear in My Computer, but much to my dismay it wasnt there. Jumper settings are correct, and I even tried Add New Hardware under Control Panel and I can see it in the list. It says Device is Working Properly, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Also, all that is on the hard disk is media files.

Thoughts?

hi pikcle440, how have u got the drive set up? primary slave? secondary master? does it appear on the boot up bios screen?
have u "auto detected" it in the bios? did u disable the secondary udma in bios at any time? i am assuming this is pata not sata...i have never used sata!!! does the drive appear in device manager under disk drives?

Both drives NTFS? If one is fat32 and the other NTFS your system will not read the drive until it is allocated. Go to Control Panel>aAdministrative Services>Diskmanagement and see if the drive appears on the right. If it does and it appears as unallocated you will need to right click on that dirve and allocate it as NTFS and format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom