Adaptec 12220SA - Storeage Manager User Name and Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have just picked upa an Adaptec 12220SA RAID Card for my PC.
I have installed the Adaptec Storeage Manager, but it's asking for a User Name and Password. Otherwise I only have guest orivilages.
I am not logging in remotely.

My PC's log in does not work.

What else could be it be?

And how do i go about changing this?
And how do i go about disabling it?

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on this computer.

My windows User Name and Password is not allowing me to access the storage manager.

Answer

If doing it in windows.

You are better off using the bios setup rather than doing it via windows.

I assumed you were talking about the Adaptec SATA II RAID 1220SA.

BIOS utilities are good. However the only time i see them is when the I am booting up the computer. And I rather do a RAID rebuild under the BIOS enviroment as appose to windows.

This computer is normally left on 24/7 and if I can have these tools working, i have keep an eye on things.

Microsoft Windows XP does not create an administrator account and password at installation. You can login with the user name and no password for maintenance privileges which will allow you to repair a degraded array.

If you would like full administrator rights, you must create a password for the user name in control panel under users.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like i need to create an account called administrator under the control panels. I thought that was not allowed under windows vista.

I am planning on putting SBS2003 on this box some time soon. However i do find that this application might be useful for me and various site that i look after to have it running in a Xp or Vista environment.

I found out that I can make an account name called adapatec and give it a password under windows, I can now fully use this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom