acquired server, unsure what to do

techno-oni

Beta member
Hello folks,

I have recently come into possession of a 5u server, and even though I am technologically inclined, I have never come across servers and have no clue as to what brand, in depth specs, or what to do with it really. Im thinking about selling it cause its just taking up space at the moment. I was hoping someone here could help me out. My question is basically can anyone tell me more about 5u servers, what they are used for, would it be better to sell it if its useless to me? The only actual information provided on the hardware itself is a product code and a serial number, which I will list in a moment. The guy who gave it to me told me its in perfect working order, but he himself had no idea about it >< thank you in advance for any help.

prod. code. khd3h0rp05o

serial no. echk4070345

Ive attempted looking both these numbers up, searched through some forums, ran a bot overnight. nada. Im hoping people smarter than me might be able to help. Also, I can post pictures if needed.

Thank You for taking the time to help me with this problem. Much appreciated

Techno-Oni

I have not, but I will...the guy who gave it to me told me its dual 2.8 xeon, with 3gb ram and 1tb hd. Ill take a look inside this beast today and post back on here. I truly appreciate the help :)

Back
Top Bottom