Acer Support, here's what to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
My e-mail to them:

Hi, I bought this Acer Aspire 5507z about a year ago off ebay from a company that resells refurbished laptops, presumably from stores like Best Buy. It recently stopped working. I hit the power button, the power light goes on for less than a second, and then it shuts right off. I paid $400+ for this and it's already broken in less than a year. Is this typical?

Thank You

Their response:

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I'll be happy to assist you…

As I understand, you face an issue with the system.

As per our records, your system is out of warranty.

After verifying your information we see that your product is out of warranty. However, Acer does offer a fee-based support over the phone for its Out of Warranty products.

You may call 800-237-6483. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year.

Feel free to visit our web site Acer Support - Welcome to Acer Support

Thank you for contacting Acer,

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

So after only 1 year of use and $400+, all I have to show for it is a broken hunk of metal and plastic. Acer's response? - "We don't care. Your money is ours. GET LOST."

Are you serious? YOu purchase a used laptop from an outside vendor and ***** at Acer for it?

You need to point your hostilities towards the vendor that sold you the laptop, NOT the manf. that sold that laptop long ago which is out of warranty.

This is the chance you take when purchasing used equipment. ANd when that equipment fails you need to be upset at the person that sold you the equipment.

Right...you bought a "refurbished" laptop off ebay, and you're complaining that your $400 laptop broke in a year? Really.

This thread has no purpose except for you to complain about your bad experience. So I'm closing it.

closed2ur0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom