Acer Support, here's what to expect - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to s37d
Default Acer Support, here's what to expect

My e-mail to them:

Hi, I bought this Acer Aspire 5507z about a year ago off ebay from a company that resells refurbished laptops, presumably from stores like Best Buy. It recently stopped working. I hit the power button, the power light goes on for less than a second, and then it shuts right off. I paid $400+ for this and it's already broken in less than a year. Is this typical?

Thank You

Their response:

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I’ll be happy to assist you…

As I understand, you face an issue with the system.

As per our records, your system is out of warranty.

After verifying your information we see that your product is out of warranty. However, Acer does offer a fee-based support over the phone for its Out of Warranty products.

You may call 800-237-6483. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year.

Feel free to visit our web site Acer Support - Welcome to Acer Support

Thank you for contacting Acer,

Have a great day!

Acer America
Online Technical Support

So after only 1 year of use and $400+, all I have to show for it is a broken hunk of metal and plastic. Acer's response? - "We don't care. Your money is ours. GET LOST."

Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: Acer Support, here's what to expect

Are you serious? YOu purchase a used laptop from an outside vendor and ***** at Acer for it?

You need to point your hostilities towards the vendor that sold you the laptop, NOT the manf. that sold that laptop long ago which is out of warranty.

This is the chance you take when purchasing used equipment. ANd when that equipment fails you need to be upset at the person that sold you the equipment.

-Vista SME
Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie
Default Re: Acer Support, here's what to expect

Refurbished + past warranty = probably not much you can do about it, unfortunately.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Acer Support, here's what to expect bought a "refurbished" laptop off ebay, and you're complaining that your $400 laptop broke in a year? Really.

This thread has no purpose except for you to complain about your bad experience. So I'm closing it.

R.I.P. Ronald C. "Bucky" Buck
3/13/1949 - 11/30/2010
Poizen22 - in all honesty id prefetr my pics get passed around then send perform some homo erotic sexual deed.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
Closed Thread