Acer Laptop Problem on Startup, Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieste

Beta member
Hi there, I have an Acer Laptop Aspire 5024WLMI and the problem I have is that you have to let the FAT 32 files be checked to get the PC to start properly. If you don't, the PC starts up but will not find any programs or files and then locks out and you have to take the battery off and the power out to restart the PC. The things I've tried are: virus checked - no viruses. spybot - found adware and now removed. CC cleaned - adware found and removed. Removed all unsued programs.

Before I was given the PC to check, Starwars Battlefront II would not start up as processor speed had reduced to 752 MhZ instead of 1800 MhZ.

The system has 2 users, both administrators and its makes no difference which user I'm on to close down, or if one user is logged off or on, whichever combination it still has the same problem.

This is now doing my crunch in and I've spent the best part of a week on this and really would appreciate any help as to what to look for next to rectify the problem.

The system is an AMD Turion 64 1.8GhZ with a 128 MB radion X700 and 512 RAM.

Thanks Steve

I also have a acer laptop the 5672 laptop and i know when i first got it it asked me to make a recover disk, so did it ask you to make a disk. If so try that first, if not call up there tech support they should help you out if you have not called already! :p you could also che ck or a bios upgrade that might help which is on the acer site or try updating drivers also! :)

Hi,
the recovery disc did not work, I'm thinking acer helpline now as i have not got a clue what to do now.

thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom