Acer Aspire will not go past logo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryced875

Solid State Member
I just started having this issue today where my Acer desktop would just freeze on the Acer logo screen. It's done this before when I had my mouse plugged in and just unplugged it from the usb and it booted fine. Now this time I've unplugged everything but the monitor, and it still freezes on this screen. I've unpluged the dvd rom, removed the RAM and switched the slots and returned them. It says on the logo screen that i have options of hitting F12 for the boot menu. I have tried several keyboards and I have no access to the keyboards to put in any command to even go to safe mode or any boot menu. I have no access to anything after it freezes on this menu. I really don't want to have to reinstall windows because I have alot of valuable info that I haven't backed up but I will if I have to. I have also tried plugging the hard drive into another computer and when it booted up it said "no operation system found" which i thought was just because the computer i used to boot it up was an old computer, but who knows. I did hook up an old hard drive up to my Acer and it still got stuck on the same logo screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Some specs if needed:
Acer Aspire
72G harddrive
1G memory
Thats pretty much all of the specs i know right now. Not super tech savvy so any extra advice would be great. Thanks alot.

running windows XP sp 1
they are IDE
i'm not for sure if i can run bios. since it wont let me have access to my keyboard, is there a way to get to bios? if there is, can you walk me through how to do that? thanks alot.

usually it as pressing the del key but could be f2 or other combinations of keys depending upon your model right after post.

What model do you have?

First reset cmos either by using the jumpers or just pulling the cmos battery for ten minutes with the power unplugged..

its an aspire t180 desktop. sorry forgot to mention it was a desktop pc. i can even press the DEL or F12 key unfortunately. it would be alot easier if i could. thats why i'm really worried i'm gonna have to reinstall windows because i dont know what else i could do with no access to a keyboard or anything. which is my last resort.

i've tried both usb and ps2 keyboards and neither of them are recognized. i havent tried to reset he cmos because i cant get into the bios because of my keyboards not being recognized. i dont have laptop so theres no battery to take out i dont think. or is there a cmos battery you can take out of a desktop pc?

Yes look inside. It looks like a watch battery.

battery9ul.jpg

ok i left the battery out for 10 minutes and switched the computer back on and its still stuck on the same logo screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom