Acer Aspire AIO Z3. Monitor almost complete whiteout and slow performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrowookie

Baseband Member
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out or give me some advise on a friends computer. My friend has an Acer Aspire Z3 AIO. He said one day it was working fine and then the next the screen is almost whited out but not quite. He says the screen is very bright but you can still see what's on the screen but very white/bright. Also when booted up into windows, performance if very slow. He says that when you use the mouse and click on an icon it takes approx. 10-15secs. before it responds.

Any ideas what this might be.

Thanks in advance,

Afrowookie

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out or give me some advise on a friends computer. My friend has an Acer Aspire Z3 AIO. He said one day it was working fine and then the next the screen is almost whited out but not quite. He says the screen is very bright but you can still see what's on the screen but very white/bright. Also when booted up into windows, performance if very slow. He says that when you use the mouse and click on an icon it takes approx. 10-15secs. before it responds.

Any ideas what this might be.

Thanks in advance,

Afrowookie

Hmm, if you get a chance again have a look into what windows may have updated over night or patched up.
If his pc will not boot after a restart and continues to go back to repair options at start up, either a hardware has malfunctioned or software drivers.
If start up repair finds a error it cannot fix and displays a error code with possible solution copy it down and bring it back to us.

hi and thanks for the reply. I asked my friend for more detail on what's happening, and he told me that yes it is booting up into windows, he can see the desktop and all the icons but they are all whited/shaded out. At first I thought he meant the screen was really bright but he said no, the screen is at normal brightness just that he can only see his desktop, icons, mouse cursor, etc, but very faded. Also he said there is some sort of line that runs through the middle of his screen, horizontally if I can remember correctly. For the slow performance, he said that when he right clicks on the desktop, it takes about 15 secs before the right click menu shows up.

Check his cpu meter in taskbar and see if any processes are sparking up past 45% and climibing.
Also he may have some start up items that have eventually slowed him down, type msconfig and look at what programs that start up with windows.
Examples are winamp, adobe update, google update oy yahoo update which is not needed and other nonsense.
Becarefull not to touch the system start up part of msconfig, yes its cool to look at but windows needs it so dont tinker with it not unless you want windowd to not boot. :p

If you can find out whats going like I said and fix it briefly, we will next let his notebook defrag for 1 hour and do a system clean up to reverse some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom