Acer Aspire 1692 Freezes
Yup, here's the deal: my laptop (bought recently - about a month) freezes from time to time.
1,73 Ghz Centrino, 1024 MB, 100 GB, 128 MB ATI Radeon
When I just started using my laptop, first thing I did was install Mozilla Firefox. As I was downloading something from Ahead, my laptop freezes all of a sudden; mouse wouldn't move, ctrl+alt+del didn't respond.. only thing that worked for about 10 seconds was turning on/off my screen with the FN-button and afterwards, even that didn't respond anymore.
This started to occur more and more often, most of the time when transferring things, so I reinstalled everything, though i didn't use the original Acer cd's. Got Windows XP Pro installed, but no luck. It still hangs from time to time, namely when:
- downloading from mozilla firefox (from time to time)
- transferring data from dvd to my c:\ drive (larger files)
- moving data from c:\ partition to my d:\ partition (larger files)
- using Azureus 126.96.36.199 (freezes VERY fast when executed; lives about 15 minutes before it hangs)
- using DC++ (freezes when left on for too long)
I was kind of thinking this couldn't be software related, regarding bugs and stuff... could it be some kind of virus my NOD32 is unable to detect? or is it just my hardware (configurations) that's faulty?