Accidental finger prints on digitizer or lcd how to clean

nothingasis

In Runtime
Not sure where to post this and this seemed like the most appropriate place so...

Every once in a while I'll forget to put on gloves when I'm taking apart a device and almost always I get finger prints on the screen before I remember to put on gloves.

So, tell me what do you recommend for cleaning off finger prints on an lcd?

It seems like everything I use smudges and just makes the screen worse. gah' >.<

Help?

Half and half water/alcohol solution with a microfiber cloth is what I use. I have a bad habbit of watching TV in front of my screen and when I laugh I get spit/whatever else is in my mouth all over my screen like a tard. Soda is a real hard thing to clean off but my 50/50 solution always gets the job done without much pressure.

Half and half water/alcohol solution with a microfiber cloth is what I use. I have a bad habbit of watching TV in front of my screen and when I laugh I get spit/whatever else is in my mouth all over my screen like a tard. Soda is a real hard thing to clean off but my 50/50 solution always gets the job done without much pressure.

This. When I worked at an electronics shop, we always had a few bottles of 50/50 to use when we had to clean the TV screens on display everyday.

Thanks for the tip, I just went out and got a micro fiber cloth I'm gonn'a see if the 50/50 works when the time comes.

I always fear putting back on a digitizer and seeing that there's a dust particle in there or there's a finger print after I stick a digitizer back onto the device. I start to panic when that happens lol

Back
Top Bottom