Access Denied Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klipstein

Beta member
OK, first of all I can't access my slave drive through newly installed Windows 7. I have taken ownership and have full rights. Bios detects it and jumpers, cables, etc. are all in order. I keep all my photos and mp3's on it so reformatting is not what I want to do. Need to get the data off and on to my external. When I go to Start menu and click on Computer, it says it is there, but 0 bytes and the graph is empty. Access Denied. When I go through Disk Management, It shows the right amount of disk space used but can't access it. I can run check disk and defrag, but no access. I have read forums for days but no one has the answer. Like I said, I have full ownership and child rights and so on. I am the admin and the only one with an account. I am baffled. I don't understand why it shows up in Disk Management and not under Computer. I have tried every little back door trick I know to get in and it won't let me. Help me.

Try a linux live cd to see if you can access the data there.

My gut feeling is that it is showing in disk management in RAW format. If this is the case and a live cd cannot access it you will need to format and use a disk recovery program like Recuva - Download to recover your data. Unfortunately if a drive goes raw this is the only way to access your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom