AC Plugin inside is Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivid48

Beta member
Aight, so the little piece on the motherboard that the plugin goes into to power up the computer has broken off... It gets so hot some of the metal is burnt as well. I dont understand that... Can i glue it back onto the motherboard or how would I go about reattatching it?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean the 20-pin ATX connector? If you broke that off, you'll either need some badass soldering skills, or a new motherboard. Sorry.

I think he means the bank of pins for power switch and reset switch and all that rot. It sounds like its time for a new mobo. Unless like CrazeD sayd you are good at soldering..Unlike me.

sPlAtOiD said:
I think he means the bank of pins for power switch and reset switch and all that rot. It sounds like its time for a new mobo. Unless like CrazeD sayd you are good at soldering..Unlike me.

Well that can't really "fall off" lol. I can see the ATX plug "falling off", but I don't see how those little pins could fall off...

Unless he means the actual plug fell off, inwhich case you can just stick it back on.

No they cant fall off but they can be either bent off or pulled out by someone rough on things.The reasion I say this is i've done it in my hyper days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom