abnormal cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
hi guys,

ive been experiencing weird cpu usage lately...i've just unplugged everything at the back of the tower and opened up the case and cleaned the dust inside the case..i cleaned the dust on the psu fan and the cpu heatsink fan.

when i was done and put everything back together , i rebooted the pc and after that i see noticeably bad chokes when playing games and eve normal tasking. for example when i move my mouse around , it will suddenly freeze for half a second and then move again....i'm having mouse delay/lag and when i go to task manager it says im constantly using 5-7% cpu usage. I think thats not normal...it should be 0-2 %..

I used ad-aware SE and spybot S&D to clean the viruses and stuff..and after rebooting the problem is solved but after 30 minutes the cpu usage jumps back up to the abnormal level...

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys

Well, start by using the Task Manager to pinpoint what process is causing this. Just sort the list by CPU usage, and check that processes are typically on top (the first 5 for instance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom