ABIT IP35-E using 2 hard drives problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default ABIT IP35-E using 2 hard drives problem

I am wanting to use two hard drives at once but i am having a problem.

When i connect my 2nd HDD to the motherboard and turn on the pc initially the pc displays the name of the HDD (I think) On the left and the capacity of it on the right. On this screen it also says press any key to continue, but if i do not press any keys for about 5 seconds it starts to boot up anyway.

It boots up fine till it gets past that Windows XP loading screen (The one with the blue loading bar). The problem is, after this nothing is displayed at all. I have been in bios and changed the boot settings so that my normal HDD is first but still i get this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions.

Thank you in advance for any helpful posts

Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: ABIT IP35-E using 2 hard drives problem

Are these SATA drives or IDE? Have you checked your jumper settings for them if they are IDE to read Cable Select?

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: ABIT IP35-E using 2 hard drives problem

Hi thanks for the reply.
I don't think there's a problem acctually i think it is just me being inpacient.
It is IDE cable for the second hdd and SATA for my normal hdd.

I put in my old 18GB hdd and it works fine , the one i was having trouble with was my 80GB one. I noticed that this 18GB one slowed down the boot up a little bit so this may be the same case with the 80GB one and i am just being too impatient.

Thank you for your reply
Closed Thread