abit IB9 headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaone

Baseband Member
When i try to install windows on my sata hdd it gives me a blue screen crash error,i tried the drivers that came with the board and windows sees my hdd as being ata instead if sata,can anyone help me?

When you boot off the Windows CD, did you press whatever it said to install drives or third party drivers?

I can't think of any possible reasons it would do that except maybe a faulty hdd. thats just a guess tho. If you have a different sata hdd, try booting onto that and see if its recognized as a sata drive.

That`s the problem,i don`t have one but the hdd works,i have windows installed on it except that then only drivers that worked for the windows installation were drivers for ata hdd`s so windows recognizes my sata hdd as an ata one.

Is there ANY computer you could maybe borrow? mate's place? If the drive is still under warranty, see if they'll replace it.

I don`t have any computer to borrow from anyone,i don`t think it`s the hdd because it works find,it`s just that when i try to install it windows does not automatically recognize it and i can only install windows on it using ATA drivers but by doing that windows sees it as an ATA drive instead of SATA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom