mildmanor

Solid State Member
This is a home built rig consisting of

amd 64x2 4800
4 gigs of ram
4 250gb hd's
nvidia 7950 1gb
750w power supply
Problem is i cant even get the bios to load.

upon turn on i get a beep and the screen will load asking me to hit delete for bios setup. However at this point it is hung and no keyboard function will work.

If i hit delete after the beep then the ami bios loads the usb ports and detects my keyboard and mouse but then freezes there as well

Currently i only have the following installed in the system

The video card and 1gb of ram on 1 stick.

I have already cleared the cmos

I think all the power plugs are in correfctly but will double check.

Any other suggestions would be a great help.

Thankyou.

Some BIOS require the keyboard to be present, maybe you should try a PS2 keyboard, remove the mouse as of now, don't really need it.

You have 4 sticks of 1 gig RAM? switch them around, see if there are any bad modules. Try using a different slots. Try putting 2 module on the 1 and 3 slot or the 2 and 4 slot.

unplug any hardware any pci cards and so on, if you have intergrated video also use that. it could be the memory sounds like that might be bad so if you have something cheap to test it with something different do that. unplug your mouse also, find a ps2 keyboard if you can also. just a few suggestions.

I reseated the CPU and fan, i also swapped around the ram as you suggested. Results are still the same. I dont think its a mother board issue, I think its a human issue.

The installation guide isnt clear about what is required in order for me to have a successfull boot up(what cables go where and such).

Nor does it have any troubleshooting sections in it.

Any one else have this model of mother board that can offer a hand? Im on day 2 of this and really want this fixed.

King X13 said:
unplug any hardware any pci cards and so on, if you have intergrated video also use that. it could be the memory sounds like that might be bad so if you have something cheap to test it with something different do that. unplug your mouse also, find a ps2 keyboard if you can also. just a few suggestions.

I went and purchased a ps2 keyboard and have nothing in the system but the cpu and a memory stick(and video card)

results are still the same.

I think the memory isnt compatable with this motherboard.

Make sure the jumpers on the motherboard are set correctly. LIke the FSB. when i got mine i couldent boot far cuz FSB was tooo low needed to jump it to 400.. Make sure jumpers on motherboard are correct.

what memory did you buy for that board? if you have a link or exect specs would be great.

King X13 said:
what memory did you buy for that board? if you have a link or exect specs would be great.

Purchased it through newegg along with the rest of the system.

After going back through the book and asus website i cannot find where they approve of oczp4002gk pc3200 1gb dual channel memory

These are your spec for your mobo

The specs
As usual, we'll get the ball rolling with a glance at the A8N32-SLI's spec sheet.

CPU support Socket 939-based Athlon 64 and Sempron processors
North bridge NVIDIA nForce SPP 100
South bridge NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
Interconnect HyperTransport (8GB/sec)
Expansion slots 2 PCI Express x16
1 PCI Express x4
3 32-bit/33MHz
Memory 4 184-pin DIMM sockets
Maximum of 4GB of DDR266/333/400 SDRAM

PC3200 is the 400 mhz so its compatable.

maybe try only using 1 stick at a time, trying each stick alone and try to POST.

disconnect your hard drive all your cd drives, disconnect everything but a ps2 keyboard and 1 stick of ram and try to get into your bios. also try posting with no memory at all and see if you get a BEEP code for it.

King X13 said:
These are your spec for your mobo

The specs
As usual, we'll get the ball rolling with a glance at the A8N32-SLI's spec sheet.

CPU support Socket 939-based Athlon 64 and Sempron processors
North bridge NVIDIA nForce SPP 100
South bridge NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
Interconnect HyperTransport (8GB/sec)
Expansion slots 2 PCI Express x16
1 PCI Express x4
3 32-bit/33MHz
Memory 4 184-pin DIMM sockets
Maximum of 4GB of DDR266/333/400 SDRAM

PC3200 is the 400 mhz so its compatable.

maybe try only using 1 stick at a time, trying each stick alone and try to POST.

disconnect your hard drive all your cd drives, disconnect everything but a ps2 keyboard and 1 stick of ram and try to get into your bios. also try posting with no memory at all and see if you get a BEEP code for it.

Did all of this already except "code for the beeP" I dont know where to find these codes at. Including rotating each of the 4 sticks out into the 2 available slots that can be used when using single sticks.

I double checked again and am RMA the ram back. Before i can declare the motherboard or bootstrap broken i need good ram. So i have ordered(and over night ship) twinx2048-3200c2 by Corsair. Its approved by asus.

If this doesnt work then i will be at a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom