A8N-SLI Chipset Cooler question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravager

Solid State Member
I received this mobo as a present. When i opened it, the chipset cooller (akasa 210) wasnt even attached :S it looked like it was previously glued on but not secured any more. I was wondering, should I just reattach it with a lil super glue or also add some thermal paste? My friend is pretty knowledgeable and he says he has had to buy 2 in the past 5 months, so if the stock one breaks, its easier to remove it when its glued on a little bit reather than secured tightly with something like arctic silver. What should i do?

Its not glued on, that is thermal paste - I don't know how it is attatched though :S

I would get the Zalman fanless one though - the blue teeth it has looks good.

Its not attached :S Its basically the same thing you would get if buying the Akasa 210 retail, except the **** left over from when they attached it unsuccessfully. What thermal paste would you recommend? The thing, it has a thermal pad attached, and some residue, which must be glue?

It isn't glue, just paste.

You are going to need to get some isopropyll or something that is 90%+ alcoholic to clean it up.

Artic silver 5 is the best thermal paste out there, with the australian variant of Marmite(sp?).

It's not a permanent adhesive. It helps to keep it cool. So if you need to replace it you can remove it, you might have to wiggle it a lil bit.

I work at ASUS and when we apply the the silcon to the cpu we add just about the size of a pea, so you might want to use a lil less than that. The pea size for the cpu is what AMD recommends us to use so I'm not sure if different brands of cpu paste will require different amounts.

Edit: My lil brother has had this MB for a while and has no problems from it yet.

ASUS is ranked #1 in the world for MB #2 for laptops and #3 for cell phones. Just some fun facts. The first time I heard this I was shocked to here they made the boards for cell phones.

Ok it is permanent. I didn't read it right. Sorry.

But if you dont want to use a permanent adheseive you could get some silicon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom