psyck0

Beta member
hi,
need some help...

HARDWARE:

ASUS A8N-E mobo (nforce 4)
amd 64 3000+ (1.8 ghz)
300 gb SATA seagate
1gb ddr Hynix (inserted in the 3rd slot as shown in manual)
BIG 6600 (256mb)nvidia graphics card
Bios version 1006
sony dvd writer

Installed software:

. win xp (sp2)
. chipset driver ver. 665
. sound drivers (realtek ac'97 (al850))
. amd 64 cool and quiet software
. asus ai booster

i have not loaded the network/firewall drivers cause i dont need them now.
(new at this so if i need to post anything else please let me know)

anyway, bought all this just recently and assembled the pc.... worked fine for a few days then started restarting at random times... sometimes while playing game (doom 3, thief) or while doing normal stuff...(showed BSOD) and then after restert just does all the start up checks and again BSOD. then if i manully restart shows it takes a little longer to start up then before the windows logo screen with the bar can appear... it says i need to load required dll or kernel

then when i restart it says...

Awards Bios BootBlock ver. ....
copyright 2000

Bios Rom Checksum error

please insert cd rom ....

floppy...

i also tried to insert the mobo cd that came with package to reload the bios but just ssays loading awdflash.exe and then nothing.
after which if i restart it keeps returning to the same screen (bios rom checksum error).

i have already replaced the memory stick and the power supply (mobo technician suggested the changing of the power supply) and thought that was the problem... but problem still persists. please help

how does one go about doing that.... i have flashed the bios to a newer version (1008) and then when i took it to the mobo technician (asus service centre) he flashed it to the 1006 (said it was a stable version). dont know how to clear it completely and reload it.

There will be a jumper oin the motehrboard, from what I can see on a picture it is below the battery, put that on the other pin and middle pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom