A7V mobo continuous beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhonjo

Baseband Member
I have A7V600x mother board with a Athlon XP 3800+...its been working find and all the sudden the computer does not turn on at all with a long contentious beep....we always had a problem with the video card so we thought it was the video card problem but replacing did not solve the problem....we still get the continuous beep like beeeeeeeep beeeeeeep each beep is about 2 sec....I try looking online but nothing really helped...wat could be the problem??

Athlon XP's only went as far as 3200+

a beep like that is usually memory or cpu, at least that is what is the listed cause for the code. it can however be caused by a number of things which could cause the motherboard to stall early in it's POST (Power On Self Test). if it's not CPU or memory i would guess it's related to the power supply, either the power supply itself or it's connection to the motherboard

yea i was guessing it was something 3000+ something but yea.......so where should I start first??

unplug everything like dvd drives hard drives etc then take 1 stick of ram out and turn it on then replace sticks etc. Then try different ram slots.

If the beeping continues after doing that buy some cheap ram for testing purposes and try that. Next step personally Id lend a PSU from someone else's comp or take your pc to them and put them close together and just unplug their 4 pin and 20/24 pin connector to hook up to your pc then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom