9800GT + DVI to HDMI = No Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I'm trying to hook up my 9800GT to my television, so I can watch HD movies from my computer, since I sold my PS3 a while back. Anyway, I'm having a couple problems. My biggest problem is that I can't get audio to play through my television. I've hooked up the SPDIF cable, connected the DVI to HDMI adapter to the outside DVI connector. (Furthest from the motherboard) What am I doing wrong?!?!?! Also, I get some scan lines in my monitor when the HDMI cable is hooked up, is there anything I can do about that?

Maybe something in the tv's menu settings that needs to be changed?

I was thinking this could be the issue, as HDMI1 has the option to detect what the signal is actually coming from (HDMI or DVI) HDMI2 doesn't, and that's where my computer is connected at. I'll try switching them around and see what happens.

EDIT : No luck changing it. Set the HDMI Audio to DVI and HDMI and didn't work with either setting.

Ok, I tried several different SPDIF cables, with no luck. Even tried seein' if the grounds were mislabeled and turned the connector around, still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom