8X AGP Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I have an 8x AGP motherboard and if I wanted to upgrade to a PCI 16x graphics card do I have to buy a new motherboard or is there sometype of adapter or something? sorry for the newb question.

no there is no adapter to make a agp8x slot into pic-e but there is an adapter to make a pci-e slot into an agp slot i cant remember the name of the company but it was posted a while back search for it if thats what you meant

yea I figure I'll get a decent agp card for now since I broke my old one then later on when I've got the cash I'll upgrade my mobo and the graphics card again. now the question is do I go for the X1950PRO agp card or the 7600GT, which will save me a little bit of money.

those graphics cards look pretty good, pci-e isnt that much better although its faster and future-proof

be aware with changing your motherboard you will mostlikley have to reinstall windows(like i did) but pci express is the way to go and go with sli (2videocards in your computer but motherboard must support it)and get the 7600gt put it in sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom