8800gt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blanket

Beta member
Hi guys,
Looking for some advice, been away from hardware for a while, but new games neccesitate a change, certainly not a noob , just out of touch i guess Not sure if this should be graphics or mobo or bios btw. Anyway, i have the below and am having some problems. Mobo, mem and cpu are fine, gpu is another matter. System will not recogise the 8800 at all, , Hitting it all with a 1000w supply so that's not the issue, tried both pcie slots, tried another card exactly the same and still the same problem.Display in dxdiag says n/a for all. If i run the cd supplied with the card i get ...........

The NVIDIA program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup wil now exit.

Been to BFG to download drivers, installed them, after reboot i get 800x600 in 4 bit mode ! no option to change .

I cant imagine two cards would be borked so i guess i am missing something in the bios, or something even more obvious, can any of you heroes enlighten me please :)

1 x Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail
1 x OcUK Value IP35 Pro Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
1 x OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel DDR2 (OCZ2N1066SR2GK)
1 x BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

Use the drivers from the nVidia site over the BFG site. There was a new release of drivers just today.

Use the drivers from the nVidia site over the BFG site. There was a new release of drivers just today.

Yeah, use Nvidia Reference drivers over branded ones, much less filler, better updates, it's what even the manufacturers recommend usually. Lots less hassle to use their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom