8800 GTS 320MB sometimes working at 1/3 of it's speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I've had this problem for like a month or so and it's really annoying because i have to restart a couple of times or go into bios and reset everything to make it work again. Sometimes those 2 won't help it. I have the latest drivers and stuff and temps are just right.

I would make sure your pcie slot is set to 16x instead of 1x in bios and disable vsync. If that doesn't help I'm sure theres more we can do.

i'm not actually sure what's making it run slower but there seems that there is no option for running at 1x and also this happens randomly. even without changing any bios settings. so yeah i really need to know why it slows down sometimes.

not really sure if the 8800 gts has problem or not. anyways it will sometimes work at full speed and sometimes half or around 1/3. i use fraps to measure the fps so it can't be wrong.

oh yeah and i've just checked the pcie link width and it said 1x. why does that happen? This happens even without changing anything in the bios and sometimes it boots up in full pcie speed and sometimes it boots in 1x. There is no option in my bios that allow you to change the link width of pcie and i do not have any pci 1x card installed on my computer although there is a slot for it.

seems cold boot solves the problem but not quite sure yet. and seems restarting makes it go to 1x or something so i really need to fix it because i always find myself in 1x and having to power off the computer and booting it again.

Get this program it will help you with settings and it's great program for this card. RivaTuner v2.03. It's a free program I just got it today and it really helped my with my 8800 GTX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom