8600GT super+ 1gb card - screen badly pixellated after drivers are installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmade

Beta member
Hey guys, first time im posting on here, hope I can get the answers u desperately need!

basically iv just built my machine with the following specs:

ecs 6100pm-am2 motherboard
2gb kingston ram
hitachi 400gb sata drive
8600GT super+ 1gb card

basicallyafter i install windows and install the drives for my graphics card, the screen is badly pixellated and looks terrible, but the computer is picking it up and is still connecting via HDMI and VGA

what possible solutions are there for me?

thanks in advance

You're not hooking up both the VGA and HDMI cables from the card to the same monitor...are you?

Re: sound not coming out of TV when connecting PC to TV via hdmi

Nope, just the HDMI, its working now, cheers anyway for the reply!

have another problem, i am connecting the pc to my samsung lcd TV through hdmi, but no sound is coming from the TV speaker?

what solutions could there be?

Re: hdmi-tv sound problem

what cable would i need to use to connect? and where would i need 2 connect it too?

thanks

Make sure your samsung t.v. speakers are enabled, I believe it depends on the model, i'm not sure. what model are you using? It will generally state whether or not you can use a 3.5mm jack, you know, the one with the green head? Those are cheap and around 4~5 dollars. but if your looking for sound I'll need to know the connection going out of your sound card. if it's optical then those are more expensive, it's a red led kind of light that shoots out of the back of your mobo or your sound card.

Re: sound - hdmi tv problem

the model of the TV is le40r7, the mobo is an ecs 6100pm -am2. Im not using a sound card, just on board sound. the mobo only has the usual three blue/pink/green connectors at the back. The graphics card came with a vga cable but with a green jack attached to it, could this have anything 2 do with it, as i am connecting using the HDMI on the g card

Okay, from what I see on the specs of both your motherboard and your television, there isn't any optical sound for your television. You can take one of these:
Newegg.com - CABLES UNLIMITED AUD-3010 8in Pigtail Splitter 3.5Male to Male Stereo M to 2 3.5Male to Male Mono F - Audio Video Cables
to the back of your television since you probably have regular Red and White.

Future note, HDMI and DVI run on the same as far as signals, and unless your device is an entertainment unit such as a DVR or DVD player or Reciever your not going to get the audio signal from a video card.

try those jacks, as far as the lines in your unit, i have no idea.

isnt that cable female for white and black though?

also, where would i put the line in end of the cable?

thanks for that,

I brought one of those cables, still didnt work. also i tried connecting a line in cable from the tv to mobo (advised by maplins technical support) even that didnt work! im fed up with it now tbh, may just decide to connect some pc speakers and end it there!

That's simply weird. The cable I mentioned is female out that plugs into the primary output of your onboard sound. The green plug. It might also have some settings to your speakers. When in doubt, check EVERYTHING. even in the television settings.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find many documents about your television so I was taking a shot in the dark. Usually, on the female end of that cable you take male end audio cables to one of the inputs on your stereo of your television. I don't know the details of actually programming the television to take in the signal of your sound coming from your computer but, i do know - that it would probably be easier to use your speakers positioned next to your television like you mentioned.

The other option would be a receiver with external speakers, take the input from your pc into the receiver and output as axillary. This way your signal through the video and sound is coming from one source. Also, would be good to disable your television speakers when using a receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom