8600Gt Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerWill

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I am currently running a computer using an 8600gt, MSI version. It was all going well untill recently.

For some reason, whenever i start my PC the fan makes a HUGE amount of noise like it's dragging against something, i am not sure if it's spinning faster all i know it's alot louder but if i simply open my case, stop the fan with my finger and let it go again it seems to be normal, this i really didn't understand!

I also had some problems with my graphics in games, i was getting screen tearing and inconsistant FPS, not sure if this had anything to do with it?

I have updated drivers, used previous ones and still no luck. Anyone got any ideas?

My PC spec is: AMD X2 5200+, Nvidia 8600gt, 2GB RAM, nvidia 4 chipset(i think) and it's an MSI SLI enabled motherboard, can't remember the exact name.

Cheers

EDIT: Really looking to buy a new graphics card, had so much bad feedback about the 8600gt shame i'm being told the 8800gt is SO expensive, just not sure i can justify the purchase. Is the card really that bad?

Hello all,

I am currently running a computer using an 8600gt, MSI version. It was all going well untill recently.

For some reason, whenever i start my PC the fan makes a HUGE amount of noise like it's dragging against something, i am not sure if it's spinning faster all i know it's alot louder but if i simply open my case, stop the fan with my finger and let it go again it seems to be normal, this i really didn't understand!

I also had some problems with my graphics in games, i was getting screen tearing and inconsistant FPS, not sure if this had anything to do with it?

I have updated drivers, used previous ones and still no luck. Anyone got any ideas?

My PC spec is: AMD X2 5200+, Nvidia 8600gt, 2GB RAM, nvidia 4 chipset(i think) and it's an MSI SLI enabled motherboard, can't remember the exact name.

Cheers

EDIT: Really looking to buy a new graphics card, had so much bad feedback about the 8600gt shame i'm being told the 8800gt is SO expensive, just not sure i can justify the purchase. Is the card really that bad?

Get the 9600Gt, before all the haters come in and start doing what they do best, hate. Its cheaper then the 8800 series and performs almost as well. So in the long run you'll probably save a good 50$ or so getting the 9600GT and it performs as well if not close to.

Thanks for the quick reply, looking into purchasing a new card but has anyone experienced the same problems with the 8600gt or can give me some advice/help?!

Well I've had some problems with MSI and there Fans. I would take the Video Card out and inspect the fan.
You may be able to just replace it with a aftermarket fan.
Shouldn't be to hard at all. I've had to do that with all my MSI northbridge fans!

ya, sometimes the fan gets obstructed and the card overheats, resulting in "screen tearing and inconsistent FPS" you should take it out, and make sure nothing is caught on the fan, aftermarket cooler might also be an option if your fan is damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom