7900gt temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a zalman vf900, so I'll see how that goes. I just recently cleared all the dust out of my system and cleaned the gpu fan, so I don't believe that is the problem.

Should I use the paste that comes with the zalman or artic silver 5 that I have?

Just thought I would give a little update for anyone interested. I installed a zalman vf900 with AS5 thermal paste. My idle temps are now 36-38 degrees Celsius and my load temp seemed to peak at 47 while running atitool. I must say that is an amazing improvement. About a 30 degree drop in idle temp and 50 degree drop in load temp.

When I took off the old heatsink and fan on my GPU, the thermal paste seemed to be globbed on, I think that may have played a role in my high temps, but I can't be happier with the results the zalman gave me.

While doing this I decided to put AS5 on my cpu too since I was still using the stock thermal pad. I saw about a 10 degree drop in temperature for idle temps which is great. Anyway thanks everyone for the advice, especially those who recommended the VF900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom